Sunday, January 13, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hello, everyone.... and thanks for dropping by!

I am Freya; folk artist, massage therapist, mom, girlfriend, big-time scrapbooker, Katrina Survivor, and now, BLOGGER. ;-)

I am very new to this blogging thing, so I will be learning as I go..... please be patient with me while I am learning!

I have been making art ever since I could hold a crayon. Over the course of my lifetime, it has had its ebbs and flows. I have painted on canvas, furniture, walls, and just about anything else that can be painted. I have been selling my artworks on Ebay here and there in recent years, in local art-sy shops in and around New Orleans in the past, and I participate in a local monthly art walk in my new locale, where the whole town can purchase my art. I am lucky to have come into a lot of time, recently, to devote to creating art, which has been great for me.

Anything can inspire me, at anytime. I have a notebook I take everywhere I go; whenever I see or think of something that seems like an idea I can run with, I write it down or sketch it out real quickly. With any luck, someday, it will become a work of art.

I also enjoy collecting original art from other artists. I have a HUGE collection of art, and never enough room to display all of it. :-( That doesn't seem to stop me from buying more, though!
I guess I just need a bigger house. :-P I love anything pretty.

Once I learn how, I will post some photos. Thanks for visiting!

Freya

No comments: