Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's been a while, and BOY, things have changed......

.....since my last post; nearly a whole year! I hate that I've been MIA, but I've still managed to find time to read many of your posts, and do enjoy it. I find all of your artistic lives to be very interesting! I could spend all day and still not get everything done, and though I love blogging, it is time-consuming for me, and I find that time is the one thing I don't have a lot of. We did finally move, and took occupancy of our new house in June. So, in the past year, I have renovated TWO homes, and I'm still in the process of renovating the second! Each time, it was very hard work, but I have loved every minute of it, and nothing is more satisfying to me that the completion of a major undertaking, such as a home renovation.

Thank goodness I LOVE to renovate (it's what I like to call my "other" form of artistic expression), as every room of this house needs an upgrade or three!

My boyfriend recently finished my brand new CRAFT ROOM!!!!!! It's the first "dedicated space" that I have ever had to devote to crafting, and I love it! I have moved all my stuff from the dining room, where it has been stored since June, and I'm still in the process of organizing my things and filling the drawers and cabinets with all my artistic treasures. It is QUITE stuffed right now, let me tell you! But as soon as I get those boxes unpacked, it will finally begin to make sense (I hope). Meanwhile, here are some pictures of the progress as it unfolded:

I will post my "after" pics very soon: just be patient as I put a few more things away! 20 feet of continuous countertop space, and almost every square inch of it is still stacked high with still-packed boxes!

In my whole life, no one has ever worked harder for me out of sheer love and desire for me to be happy than my boyfriend, Tim..... and I absolutely LOVE my brand new space!

No comments: